Friday, November 16, 2007

Rainbow Jello

My mom makes this every year for Thanksgiving though she just puts it in a 9x13 pan and only uses colors red through green. But I thought this picture was just beautiful! I might have to try making it in a bundt pan!


1 (6 oz.) package of each color of jello you are using. We like to use cherry, orange, lemon, and lime.
1 cup sour cream for each color of jello
If you are going based off of the picture above, dissolve the grape jello in 2 cups boiling water. Remove 1/2 cup and place in medium sized bowl. To this 1/2 cup, add 1 cup sour cream and stir well. Pour sour cream mixture into your bundt pan and put on a level shelf in refrigerator and chill until set. When firm, pour reserved grape jello liquid over creamy layer; chill until firm. Repeat with remaining colors of Jello -- each with a creamy layer and a clear layer.
Ashlee side note: Be sure that each layer you are pouring on is cool enough so that you don't melt the layer you just chilled! So, the jello liquid you made using boiling water needs to be room temperature before pouring it on the cream layer. And make sure you use cold sour cream, as that should lower the temperature of the liquid you add to it enough to be ok.
I've helped my mom make this, but never actually made it myself. Let me know if you made it so I know how it went! ;0)

1 comment:

ctl said...

so pretty! i may have to make this just to look at all the colors :-)