Monday, November 12, 2007

Fazoli's Breadsticks

So, I went out to Fazoli's this last weekend with some girlfriends. I have never been there, but now I'm wishing Twin Falls had one. So good! All I ordered was a Smoked Turkey Panini, but it was so good! Anyway...the best part about this restaurant is everyone gets FREE warm breadsticks. And not just plain old breadsticks...these are garlic breadsticks. You will die when you try them!


Just buy the prepackaged bake and serve breadsticks that you find in the bakery section. Fazoli's doesn't bake their own...you don't need to either! ;0)
They use a liquid butter substitute called whirl. But I assume they do that because they would be constantly melting real butter if they used that instead. So, once breadsticks are baked, slather them GOOD with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic and salt OR garlic salt. And that's it. I know it sounds dumb. We could have thought of that! And I was hoping there was something really SPECIAL about the way they made theirs. But there's not.
These are just so yummy! So, give them a go!

7 comments:

Cameron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cameron said...

Hol and I must be weird we HATE all Fazoli's food!!

Ashlee said...

You are definitely wierd. Honestly, all I had was the panini and the breadsticks. The breadsticks were just yummy!

Anonymous said...

I actually work at a Fazoli's and have for some time while I am in college. We mix the garlic and seasalt in with the butter substitute and then brush that mixture on the breadsticks before they are baked. See how much you like them after one shift in "Back of the House" at Fazoli's. You will make a thousand in a few hours.

Anonymous said...

I used to work at Fazoli's and let me tell you, the goop that we ladled over those frozen breadsticks is DISGUSTING! We used to jokingly call the breadsticks "death sticks" because they're so bad for you.

Anonymous said...

i used to work at fazoli's as well... i have to tell you, i still love those breadsticks. i'd eat them everyday if i could.

Unknown said...

I need a recipe that tells how much garlic, to how much kosher salt to how much whirl. If the amounts aren’t correct they won’t taste right