Monday, October 15, 2007

Pampered Chef Bean Dip

This is another recipe I got from my sister Crystal. She introduced me to it a couple of months back and I LOVE it! Of course, she got it from a home party, but still.....

1 9 oz can bean dip (or jsut a can of regular refired beans)
4 oz cream cheese1
1/2 cup sour cream
1 Tblsp. taco seasoning
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup shredded cheese
1/2 med tomato
2 green onions
1/4 cup sliced olives
1 tblsp. fresh cilantro
additional sour cream

Preheat oven to 350. Place bean dip in bottom of dish, combine cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning together. Spread over beans. Press garlic over cream cheese mixture. Grate cheese over top and bake for 15-10 mins. Add tomato, green onion, and olives on top. (Optional: You can add an addtional layer of sour cream before the toamtos if wanted). Serve with chips.

Ashlee side note: This is such a great twist on the usual 7 layer dip. It's nice and warm and gooey. So good! I didn't used minced garlic. I used garlic powder instead. Worked great. And I don't think that it needs an additional layer of sour cream. It's a little bit overkill and blocks the flavors of the other ingredients.

No comments: