Friday, October 26, 2007

Chicken Boursin

4 chicken breasts (chopped into bite sized pieces)
1 package garlic Boursin Cheese
1 cup cream
2 Tbsp. sour cream
small onion, chopped
mushrooms, sliced

Saute mushrooms and onions in olive oil until onions are slightly golden. Add the chicken and cook on low until well done. Add the cream and heat slightly, then add sour cream followed by salt and white pepper. Add the Boursin and stir gently until fully dissolved. Bring to a brief boil and serve.

Ashlee side note: My mom has made this in bulk for when the whole family gets together and bakes it in the oven instead of doing it stove top. Still saute the mushrooms and onions. Don't add the chicken. But put in the other ingredients like it says to make the sauce. Then, just put the chicken in a baking dish and pour the sauce over it. Bake it until the chicken is done. So yummy!
Also, Boursin Cheese can be a little spendy. Buy it at Costco instead of at a regular grocery store. Much cheaper. If anyone is interested, I also have the recipe for homemade Boursin. Which is cheaper to make it than to buy it. I still just buy it, because I'm lazy. But the homemade tastes the same as the store bought. Anyway...let me know if you want that recipe too!

7 comments:

Holly said...

I want the recipe for the cheese please:)

Holly said...

I have been looking for white pepper and I can't find it. It's probably right under my nose, but I haven't seen it, where did you get yours from?

Ashlee said...

You should be able to just get it at the grocery store. If not at a regular one, I know that places like Fred Meyer carry a lot of specialty spices and items. Honestly though, you can just use regular pepper. It would be ok. ;0)

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

So does white pepper taste the same as black?

Ashlee said...

People use white pepper mostly for aesthetic purposes...like for a white sauce. No black flecks..you know? White pepper has a little less peppery flavor than black.

Cameron said...

We made this last night and it was a hit! We will definately make it again!!