Friday, October 5, 2007

Caramel Crunch Bars

These were so easy to make, and were so ooey gooey yummy too.


4 1/2 Graham Crackers
1 pkg. (11oz.) Kraft Caramel Bits
2 Tbsp. milk
1/2 cup cocktail peanuts
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pretzels
4 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted

Line 8 inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Spray with cooking spray. Place graham crackers on bottom of pan, cutting to fit if necessary.
Microwave caramel bits and milk in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until caramel bits are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring every 30 seconds. Pour over grahams; top with peanuts, marshmallows and pretzels. Drizzle with chocolate.
Refrigerate at least one hour. Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan before cutting into bars to serve.

Ashlee side note: I made these for Super Saturday treats. I changed the recipe a little bit, as I was worried about the graham crackers falling apart. I bought one of those packages of dry cookie mix (or you can buy the refrigerated cookie dough that comes in those rolls) and baked the cookie crust in a 9x13. I used chocolate chip cookie mix, but I think even sugar cookie or peanut butter would be yummy too, depending on the flavor you wanted for your treats. ;0) Anyway...instead of a graham cracker crust, it had a chocolate chip cookie crust. No foil. After baking cookie crust, I let it cool. Then I added the caramel. There was still plenty to cover the surface of the dessert. Just make sure you don't let the caramel go all the way to the edges as you will have a hard time prying it from the pan. ;0)
Even Jaysen, who is not a big sweets fan, liked these. So, eat up! And let me know what you think!

No comments: