Friday, December 14, 2007

O Christmas Tree!

This was such an easy appetizer and it was so yummy! It also looks very festive! Yes, this is the one that I made last night for girls night. I was truly impressed with myself. ;0)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Take one can of crescent rolls (make sure it's very cold) slice it into 16 rounds. (Do not unroll the dough. Leave in the roll and slice the circles that way) Place on cookie sheet in tree shape. Start with one circle on top for row 1 until you get to a five circle row. Use the final round for the trunk of the tree. Bake for 11 minutes or according to can directions. Remove from oven and let sit for 1 minute. Using a large pancake spatula remove from cookie sheet and place on cooling rack to cool.

The recipes spread uses cream cheese, sour cream, dill and garlic. I had unknowingly used the last of my sour cream for my dips, so I improvised and used the very last of my Boursin cheese (5 oz.) and a package of cream cheese and whipped it together. It was so yummy! Anyway, spread this on the top of the tree until each piece is completely covered.

Chop your choice of veggies into very small pieces. Use these as decoration for your tree. I used red pepper, yellow pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and green onion. The red pepper I used for the garland and the yellow pepper I also used to make the star on top.

1 comment:

Bonnie B. said...

My husband keeps asking me when I'm going to make this. I guess I'll have to make it for Christmas Eve. Thanks for the great ideas!