Thursday, September 27, 2007

Pumpkin Dessert

Fall is my favorite time of year. As soon as the weather starts turning, I swear I start craving this dessert. Now, I don't like pumpkin pie. I know, I'm wierd. And though this dessert does contain the pumpkin pie "filling" in it, the cake on the top totally changes the flavor. The best part about this dessert is that you can eat it warm (yum!) or cold the next day (which is what Jaysen prefers). So, eat up! Celebrate fall!
1 16 oz. can pumpkin
1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
5 eggs, beaten
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 yellow cake mix
1 cup nuts
2 cubes margarine

Blend all ingredients except cake mix, nuts, and margarine. Pour into greased and floured 9x13 pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top. Spread nuts over top and drizzle melted margarine over that. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Serve with whipped cream.

Ashlee side note: I hate nuts! They are gross. If you put them in something, it totally ruins the dessert! having said that, you can guess that I don't add nuts to this dessert. it's better that way. Though some of my family prefer it with nuts. Wierdos!

1 comment:

Holly said...

As soon as September comes Cam wants me to make this. We already have made it once. Great recipe from the Robinson family, I'm glad I was introduced to it. I can't wait to make the apple caramel cake, it looks AWESOME!!!